December 17, 2006

A pixel goes dark

With great sorrow, I regret to inform you that Bruce Fraser passed on on this weekend. On some level it is surreal only because the last time I saw him -- at a Photoshop World maybe a year or so ago, he was all smiles and his usual personal self. What a personality. Bruce was a founder of Pixel Genius and was considered an authority on Color Management. He authored several books on Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Color Management, and taught many classes and sessions at events across the globe. I personally saw Bruce as an industry colleague, and a personal friend.

My sincerest condolences to Bruce's family, and to all those who admired him. We'll miss you Bruce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I did not know the man I sincerely hope that he had a chance to accept his accolade as the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient from NAPP last week before he left us. My condolences also to his family, friends and colleagues.