December 10, 2008

Have You Seen Thermo? The Sequel

About a year ago, I posted some information about a technology that I saw presented at Adobe MAX in Chicago. The technology was a future product called Thermo. At this past year's Adobe MAX conference, Adobe provided an update on the progress of this application, and also introduced the new official name of the product: Adobe Flash Catalyst. I've had a chance to play with a preview version of the application, and have written about my experiences and opinions on the application over at my MOGO Media blog. Take a look at let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was also in the lab at MAX for it. I was just wondering why they didn't build the Flash Catalyst functionality into Fireworks. It is the prototyping tool and has a lot of the features/tool similar to Flash Catalyst. But I can understand the need for a new app. Fireworks has its place, even though it is being used as a mock up tool for Flex apps.

Unknown said...

It seems to me that Fireworks, for the most part, is focused on HTML workflows. It's interesting that the AIR platform supports both the HTML/JavaScript path and the Flash/Flex path -- so room does seem to be there for both FW and FC for now...