Adobe has posted a 13.0.1 update to Illustrator CS3. Unlike previous versions where Adobe created special separate installers for these updates, the update mechanism for CS3 apps are all handled through the Adobe Updater application which is built in. To download and install the 13.0.1 update, launch Illustrator (or any other Adobe CS3 application for that matter) and choose Help > Updates. Then follow the directions and prompts.
Here's an overview of some of the things I'm aware of that are addressed with the 13.0.1 update:
- Performance is enhanced. I have no idea how much or where in the app specifically. This seems to be a general statement.
- An issue where removing a color from the color wheel in Live Color causes a crash has been fixed.
- An issue where some linked transparent PSD files exhibited some stitching artifacts during the flattening process has been fixed.
- An issue where legacy text that has been updated disappears has been fixed.
- An issue where default postscript printer screen settings were incorrect has been fixed.
- An issue where a crash or error occurs when closing certain paths in Live Paint groups has been fixed.
- An issue where Illustrator CS3 crashes on a Mac when opening a Graphic Style library containing a graphic style that uses the Crystallize effect has been fixed.
- An issue where a crash sometimes occurs when canceling a live effect progress bar has been fixed.